Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend In Review (With Pictures)

This past weekend was devoted to family. Friday, Mom and I cleaned the house. I like working together to accomplish such tasks, although it always amazes me how dirty a house can be even though we try to "tidy up" before going to bed each evening! Friday night and Saturday, we babysat Annelise and Nehemiah. I am enjoying this stage in their lives, because their personalities are more evident than ever before. Annelise can articulate her thoughts and feelings with words that are complex and descriptive. Nehemiah, in his own way, let's us know what he wants, too. He likes to play with balls!

Anyway, this weekend was so warm that we got out our pool. All three children played in it and splashed around. Even Nehemiah had fun! I sat in the shade and snapped some pictures while I observed the action. In case you're wondering, that I.V. poll is Paul Burton's. After Mom said that the children needed shade, Dad rigged up an umbrella to the poll. I love having smart and creative parents!




Yesterday afternoon, I watched a movie with Mom and Qavah titled The Prince and the Pauper. We discovered the movie on Netflix, but it was actually a Hallmark made-for-television movie. Apparently, Mark Twain wrote the story. The movie was just a little over an hour long, but I do recommend renting it! Qavah liked the story so much that she watched it again today!

Last night, Mom, Dad, Qavah, and I went to the Salem Fair. There were only a few farm animals to pet and most of the 4-H exhibits were closed, because it was the last night of the Fair. However, Qavah did get to have a pony ride on a real horse! At one point while we were walking around, we spotted an acrobat show involving two "pirates" and "mermaids". Qavah sat on Dad's shoulders and I used my digital camera (which has 10x zoom), so we could capture the show. Qavah liked the pirates' sword fight, while I was mesmerized with the shear courage and steadiness of the acrobats doing their stunts. After we left the Fair, we enjoyed a dessert at Dairy Queen.





My favorite part of this past weekend was being together with my family while experiencing very little physical pain. I know these "good" times may not always exist, so I'm truly thankful to the Lord for the days filled with family events instead of medicines, doctors, and hospital visits.