Monday, July 20, 2009

Health-Free Days

I've been enjoying another stretch of good days. The health issues have been minimal and the joys abundant. Friday's Remicade treatment was the only health-related event in the past week that was very challenging. Since that time, I've been working to rid my body of the excess salt and I seem to be making progress.

Planning and hosting Qavah's Birthday celebration filled our home with excitement all during the week. Even the weather cooperated with the festivities! Incidently, I've taken advantage of the cooler temperatures by leaving my bedroom window open at night. During the day, Qavah and Annelise enjoyed frolicking and swinging outside. Of course, Qavah's actual Birthday party was so much fun!

Last week, Grandmom and I also had our harp lessons. While I don't always feel like I'm improving from one lesson to the next or practicing enough, I do enjoy my instrument alot. Sometimes I stare at the harp as I fall asleep, because it's a reminder of the strength, grace, and love God bestows upon my life.

Looking ahead, all of us are "on call" as Jennifer's due date approaches. She is due July twenty eighth, but really, she could go into labor anytime. Each time the phone rings, I wait with eager anticipation to see if it's "the call" from Colin and Jennifer. I know that when the baby is born, the timing will be perfect, because that moment has already been ordained by the Lord. Still though, I hope the baby is born soon!