Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday's Medical Musing

Thank you for the recent comments, emails, and especially prayers. The last two weeks have been pretty difficult, but the Lord gave my family strength to hang on during the dark days. He also provided us with wonderful friends.

I started feeling better this past weekend with today being the best day I've had in awhile. I actually made my bed and cleaned my room on Saturday, which was the first time in over a week. If you know anything about me, then you know that a messy bedroom for eight days means something is seriously wrong. Normally, I function best when there is "order" or at least organization, within my immediate environment.

Anyways, I did return to work at BRILC today. Thankfully, the Lord gave me strength to work an additional two hours so I could make up some of the time I lost last week. This evening, I babysat Qavah while Mom and Dad attended small group. Qavah and I enjoyed watching Berenstain Bears together. The stories of Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister Bears were some of my favorite children's books growing up, so it was fun to relive the adventures. Actually, I still kept my Berenstein Bears' books, so once Qavah learns to read, she'll see that I have some of the same stories in print that she enjoys watching on DVD. They are classic stories with meaningful life-long lessons.

Tonight as I snuggle under my warm blankets (It's supposed to be thirty-nine degrees overnight), I'm thankful for a stomach that could digest delicious food, a comfortable home, a pretty bedroom, a family that loves me, friends that pray for me, a job where I can help others, and a Lord that not only redeemed me, but Who is preparing an eternal home where I'll praise Him forever.