Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As God Wills It

Last week when Qavah received a VHS tape of children singing Christian music, I sat down and watched the video with her. Many of the songs I remembered from my childhood Sunday school classes. One of the songs I loved was called He's Got The Whole World In His Hands. I liked doing the hand motions, which visually symbolized God's sovereignty. I also remember distinctly singing that song with such concern in my heart for the many orphans around the world. It helped me to realize that God was taking care of the orpahns, even if I couldn't bring them "back home" to live with my family in America.

Now, I'm an adult with other serious issues in my life (my disease, job, finances, present and future relationships, church, etc). I also have many family and friends who have their own prayer requests. In fact, we all have a list of needs and desires. The simple message of He's Got The Whole World In His Hands is as true today as it was when I was seven years old; God IS sovereign! Today, whether you are caring a heavy burden or jumping for joy, remember that nothing happens without God's notice. He indeed has the whole world in His hands. I don't know about you, but that realization frees me to live my life with enuthsiasm and anticipation for what the Lord is going to do.

"[God] does as He pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back His hand or say to Him: "What have you done?" Daniel 4:35.