Thursday, May 21, 2009

Amazing Week!

The house is quiet and it's time for me to sleep. However, I wanted to first write a short update before heading to bed. This morning, Mom sent me a quick e-mail while I was at work (which I received on my lunch break). The last line of her message said:

"P.S. You made it through a week of work!!!!!! God is good!!!!"

That pretty much sums up my news for this post. *grin* Since Monday is Memorial Day, I have a four-day weekend. Dad also has Monday off of work. Lord willing, we plan to complete some house projects that have been on our to-do lists for awhile.

Below is a picture I took one morning this week at around seven o'clock just before leaving for work. I love the shadows. The sky was perfectly clear, but sunny and it was very quiet and peaceful. There wasn't even a bird singing. Time seemed to stand still. I think the porch swings make this "scene" look very welcoming. Don't you want to just step into this photo and soak up God's amazing handiwork?


"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24