Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday's Winter Woes

The temperature here has been rather cold with blustery winds all day. Tomorrow, the high is only going to be twenty-nine degrees. I'm about to choose a warm work outfit for tomorrow, but I would rather stay in my flannel pajamas all day. I would enjoy the wintry weather a lot more if a big snow storm accompanied the frigid temperatures. Qavah so wishes for a large snow accumulation; throwing snow balls and tobogganing sounds fun to me, too!

If I had any doubt as to whether I could eat tomatoes again, last night's reaction wiped away my questions. All I ate was some sauce on the ribs we had for dinner. A little more than an hour later, though, I came downstairs to show Mom my full-body rash. I actually did not connect the hives to the tomatoes until Mom mentioned it. I did take a hot shower, which eased the itching. However, I still suffered with breathing problems, so I used my inhaler four different times throughout the night.

I didn't sleep well because of the reaction. Even though today was a productive day at work, I did find myself looking at the clock several times wishing it was time to go home. I do not have days like that often and I think it occurred only because I was so tired. I'm praying that I feel better tomorrow, even though it'll be a Methotrexate day.