Monday, February 23, 2009

Medical Monday

I'm writing a quick update on my lunch break. While I am feeling significantly better today, I've had on-going health issues since last Thursday. Last night, I only got four hours of sleep. I had to increase my Prednisone and that irritated my esophagus. I ended up battling horrible indigestion during the night . Lemon-lime seltzer water and Tums really helped, but it still took several hours before my body was calmed down enough that I could fall back to sleep.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that my primary care physician has decided not to increase my Premarin. I asked him Friday when I saw him for the UTI check. Even though I have severe osteoporosis, my PCP said increasing the dosage would not be beneficial enough to purse it. In addition, considering the recent health issues Ive had, I'm not looking to change any medications right now! My body needs time to restabalize before I make any changes with medication dosages.