Sunday, March 1, 2009

Winter Writings

True to Virginia weather, we woke up this morning to a blanket of snow. Yes, on March first! Actually, the snow began last night, but quickly tapered off early this morning. Then about mid-afternoon, it began to snow again and has been falling ever since. Qavah finally got her long-awaited, much-anticipated winter weather. It has created a lot of "wonder," too! I think it's amusing and neat that she is going to see snow and play in the beach within the same week.

There is a peace with the winter wonderland that I see outside my bedroom window. It makes me want to whisper like the first time Lucy visited Narnia. I don't want to disturb the critters hiding below the snow.

Everything that is completely covered in the snow looks fresh and clean. As I took some pictures and video outside, I was reminded of Psalm 51:7-8 which states, "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice."

Heavenly Father, I thank You for making snow. The whiteness and stillness that I see outside is a picture of what happens to my soul within when I surrender it to You. Today, my bones rejoice with joy and gladness for the way You, Lord, cleanse my soul. Continue to mold my life to be whiter than snow. Amen.