Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Facts

Two posts in one day. I think that is a new record! I am feeling better tonight, after a rough afternoon. I went to the doctor this afternoon, because I thought I had a UTI. However, it ended up that it's probably inflammation. Since I had diarrhea yesterday morning, I didn't absorb some of my morning medications, including the second weekly dose of Methotrexate. (Mom had that idea...smart mother!) I took five more pills today and, along with the extra Prednisone, I'm feeling a lot better tonight. In other news, I just deleted three states- Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Indiana- from my list. Thank you for the postcards! Now, I need to get serious about scrap-booking the pages.

Awhile ago, a friend sent me an email of household tips. I thought I would post some as tonight's Friday's Fabulous Facts. Maybe it will help the mothers out there who are cleaning their homes this weekend. I have more to post next Friday:

1. When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, and then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.

2. To clean a toilet: Drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes,! Brush and flush.

3. Put a sealed envelope in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a Knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed.

4. For icy door steps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn dish washing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won't refreeze.

5. To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down.. The wax will fall out. Likewise, candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning

6. Crayon marks on walls? A damp rag, dipped in baking soda. Comes off with little effort

7. Blood stains on clothes? Not to worry! Just pour a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and proceed to wipe off every drop of blood.

8. Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on.

9. Spray your Tupperware with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces and there won't be any stains.

10. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.