Monday, January 5, 2009

Small Update

I have a story and picture that is related to this past weekend that I want to share, but I have to first scan the picture. So, I will update with that soon. I had such a delightful trip! Mom's website has a recap of our weekend adventures. Oma did give me some postcards from Maryland so tonight I removed that State from my list. Yeah!

Health wise, I am doing better. The mouth sores are taking a long time to heal, though. I'm just trying to be very careful when I eat. A co-worker recommended Magic Mouthwash and that has helped a great deal with the soreness. I return to the oral surgeon on Tuesday. I'm curious to know how long it will be until I have the mouth surgery. I'm not looking forward to it, but I know it must be done. Looking ahead on the calendar, I have a dexa bone scan on January 16, visit the GI doctor on January 20, and my next Remicade infusion is scheduled for January 23.

This weekend, I met and talked with several HPSers who are now struggling with some of the same health challenges I've had the past two years. I shared with them my treatments in hopes that will ease their suffering. I plan to talk with my doctors about writing research papers in medical journals of the treatments and medicines that have helped me the most, because I firmly believe it will help some of my friends. HPS is a brutal disease and, although most of the symptoms are very individualized, there does appear to be some common health issues that have yet to be studied and officially documented. When you pray for the HPS community, please pray that my doctors will be courageous enough to write the research papers.

Likewise, please pray that the doctors will continue to seek wisdom and kowledge from the Lord. I am blessed to have the medical team I have; they have worked long, hard, and successfully to give me a better quality of life. I want them to feel the joy of knowing and seeing that their work and research has helped the entire HPS community.