Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Remembering 2008

I cannot believe it's already time to say good-bye to another year. As I look at pictures from 2008, I'm amazed at how many events took place.

On the downside of 2008, I still had many health challenges, so I was emotionally, spiritually, and (especially) mentally challenged. The first six months of this year were difficult because of my rib fracture, side effects from flying, and adrenal insufficiency issues. In 2008, I had a life that was often away from any medical-related environment. This meant that each flare up was a reality check to my "new normal;" If ever I wanted to "forget" about HPS, than my body wouldn't let me.

On the upside of 2008, I accomplished some major life goals. I also ventured away from my comfort zone to visit or experience new sites and sounds. The highlights of 2008 definitely include my college graduation, visit to Arizona, and new job. Spiritually, the Lord taught me how to not only accept, but enjoy, His sovereignty on a "daily" basis with "everyday" circumstances and tasks.

I plan to spend some time tonight and tomorrow reflecting on 2008, thanking the Lord for this past year, and seeking His wisdom for the upcoming year. Below are twenty-five other highlights of 2008 (in no particular order):

1. New medical team
2. Grand Rounds
3. Visit with Aunt Marcia
4. Visits with Helen
5. Cousin Heather's wedding
6. Writing a senior thesis
7. Reading comments and posts from friends
8. Receiving and playing my home-made harp
9. Visit with Jim and Sandy Coffman
10. Learning about digital photography and photo editing
11. Visit with Jim and Vicki Campbell and the Sipe Family
12. Doing the Psalms of Ascents and Joshua Bible studies
13. Seeing the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Flagstaff, Arizona
14. Birth of nephew Nehemiah Bruce Paul Campbell
15. Visit to Buchanan with my family
16. Qavah's adoption finalization
17. Volunteering at the Blue Ridge Women's Center
18. Working at the Blue Ridge Independent Living Center
19. Dad's job at Atlas Copco
20. Frequent visits with my Grandparents
21. Christmas celebrations
22. Re-decorating, re-organizing, and re-cleaning the house (including using the Rug Doctor)
23. The Federal, State, and Local elections (especially in regard to Sarah Palin)
24. Making new, meaningful friendships
25. Scrapbooking