Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today was a good, but exhausting day. I just didn't have enough hours at work to get everything done that I was asked to do. I did get to visit a widow, though. Her adult daughter, who came down to take care of her mother while she recuperated from surgery, asked if she could hug me as I was leaving the home. Her big, but gentle hug warmed my heart and made my day!

Ever since I was little, I have been enjoyed human interest stories. Autobiographies and biographies are some of my favorite genres of books. I'm now "living" human interest stories everyday with my work, which is all about meeting the needs of our consumers. Every morning, I pray to have the strength and grace to be a blessing to those I'm supposed to help... whether it's a consumer (client), co-worker, family member, or stranger.