Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I "Eight" No More!

The other day, I overheard someone exclaim, "I'm so glad this year is almost over!" For me, though, I want to remember 2008. The first six months of this year were extremely difficult. However, the last six months of 2008 have been wonderful!

In just this year: I got a new medical team that has been so understanding and helpful. I'm able to bless others through my work. Dad got a full time, near our home job. Qavah is now legally a member of our family. There is on-going progress with her mental, emotional, and spiritual development, too. With the addition of Nehemiah in June, I now have a nephew. And Annelise has grown up so much in just one year! I can't believe she will be two at the end of this month. She can now say, "Aunt Kathryn" which of course is music to my ears.

The only thing I don't like about 2008 is writing down the numbers of the year. Ever since I learned to read and write, I have written my eights wrong. For some odd reason, I can't seem to make a "figure eight" that is taught particularly in the cursive writing style. To this day, I write "eight" as two circles on top of each other like a snowman.

Well, there is a lot of charting involved with this new job. I write down the date literally twelve or more times a day. Today, though, I wrote 2-0-0-9 and it was much faster. Come January, I can say that my calendar "ate" my "eight"!