Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Since I didn't have to work today, I had an orthodontist appointment that was important, as I really needed my new retainers. Today's harp lesson went well, too. The music, especially the music theory, I am learning is definitely challenging, but I see the benefits in all areas of my life...not just with harp. It is stretching my mind, using both sides of my brain, teaching me to pay attention to details, and bringing much joy to my spirit. Today, I got through an entire song. I also enjoy playing alongside someone else as a duet.

So many times, the Body of Christ has blessed our family. Tonight was just another example of the ministering I have received throughout my life. Dr. Short, his wife, and their two children visited for the evening. The children take harp and violin lessons, so they brought their instruments and did a concert. As I was listening to the music and catching up with Mrs. Short, I just marveled at the faithfulness and goodness of the Lord that is displayed through this Christian family. My parents have known Dr. Short and his wife since before they had children. Some twelve plus years later, the children are blessing others with their God-given abilities.

The prayers and lives we live really do affect future generations. Speaking of, I do want to mention that today was Veteran's Day. To the families of veterans: I may not know the names of your loved ones, but God knows the exact name of your loved one and the heroic service they performed. This is my prayer for you and the veterans out there:

Dear Lord, thank you for the many veterans who did not "take a day off" of their military duties when called upon to serve. I ask for blessings upon them and their families. May our Country honor them rightly with how we speak of their service, including the veterans of today's wars. Lord, the is never true freedom without the shedding of blood. So I thank the veterans of the USA who made it possible for me to live on this earth in freedom. And I praise You, Jesus, for shedding your blood so that my soul could be eternally free. Amen.