Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday's Musings

It's been a full day with a lot of tasks on my "to do" list left undone. However, I know it's the Lord that ordains my days and directs my steps, so I am thankful for how this day did unfold. There were a lot of little blessings throughout the day.

I had to visit a consumer first thing this morning. So, Paul Burton dropped me off at the home instead of at work. I'm thankful Paul Burton is flexible and willing to drive me to work everyday. I met with the consumer for an hour. Then, Aunt Julie picked me up and took me out to lunch.

What's further exciting is that my cousin, Sandra, is moving to Roanoke with her husband. She is already working here while her husband finishes the final moving details. Anyway, Sandra was able to have lunch with Aunt Julie and me! It was so good to catch up together and the meal was absolutely delicious. At one point Sandra asked me, "Why are you smiling?" to which I replied, "Because I'm just so happy! I can't believe we are here together and I'm strong enough to be working and eating!" It certainly is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in my eyes.

The rest of the afternoon went by quickly. Very soon after getting home, Mom and Dad left to take the Kia vehicle to the "car doctor," (that's how Mom explained it to Qavah who stayed home with me). Then, Mom went for a walk and I came up to my bedroom office. I just finished a lengthy teleconference and web-course I needed to "attend" for work. I have a few more tasks to finish and then it's bedtime!