Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday's Thrilling Thoughts

First of all, I want to wish my "blogging" friend, Sandy, a very Happy Birthday! I should have written this announcement earlier in the day, so everyone could congratulate her on turning thirty-five years old. Sandy has quite a way with words, so I always find it either amusing or interesting to read her posts. She is also very thoughtful, honest, and encouraging. I hope you had a great Birthday, Sandy!

In other news, today was not a typical workday for me, but it was full of goodness. First, I was bombarded as soon as I got to work. I liked being needed and helping others. Even though every employee worked today, the office seemed short-staffed. Also, the "co-worker" who has a cubicle next to mine was gone and will be until Monday. So, the back area where I stay most of the time was rather quiet.

Second, I did an intake at RMH's Rehabilitation Center. It was both interesting and sobering. There are so many people out there with hurts, both physical and spiritual. However, the countenance of the gentleman I worked with was bright, cheerful, and peaceful. By the end of the intake, it becamse apparent that he was a Christian. He praised the Lord for giving him the strength to get through his most recent health crisis, which included a long hospital visit and a month-long stay at the rehab center. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I find another human being who is full of hope because of what the Lord has done for them. That is the way it should be with all of us.

The third event is definitely what made today extra special. I love having extended family nearby. Aunt Julie picked me up from the Rehab Center (since they only live about ten minutes away) and took me back to her home. I got to have lunch with Uncle Dan, Aunt Julie, and Danae! Aunt Julie had everything prepared so beautifully and precisely. The meal was delicious and consisted of rice, chinese veggetables, salad, bread, and grapes with tea to drink. For dessert we had cookies and ice cream with blueberries. I ended up taking my roll and cookie back to work, because I was so full. Aunt Julie even got lactose-free ice cream! "Yummy, yummy in my tummy!" (as we say around here).

After lunch, Danae gave me my Birthday present since we haven't visited in awhile. She got me a miniature blue and white tea set from Chicago's China Town. I'll have to post a picture of it soon, because it's pretty and delicate. Danae also brought me some postcards from Illinois. And Aunt Julie had her sister get me some postcards from Michigan. Now, I can cross off two more states from my list! After our little lunch visit, Aunt Julie drove me back to work. Thank you to Uncle Dan, Aunt Julie, and Danae for blessing me so much...yet again!