Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sister Memories

Since the Lord has given me extra days of feeling well, I have had the energy to babysit and play with Qavah. We've been able to make more memories together. Last week when I went shopping with Fairlight, Qavah was on my mind. I wanted to get her a small gift since she couldn't go with us, but I wasn't exactly sure what to purchase.

Fairlight and I shopped at Target. As we were canvassing the clearance racks, I found a pretty purple blouse in my size for five dollars. Then, we decided to look through the baby and toddler clearance items. It's so fun to look at tiny children's clothes! Just as I was telling Fairlight which items Qavah needed to complete her Fall wardrobe, I spotted a miniture version of the purple blouse I was going to buy for myself. There was only one shirt in Qavah's size. I quickly put it in the shopping cart before anyone else could pick it up.

The next day, Qavah and I had fun dressing alike. We truly looked like sisters. And I praised the Lord, because ever since I was a small child, I had imagined having a sister with whom I could share special sister memories like wearing matching clothes. As the years passed, I had tucked that small dream in the back of my brain until it was almost gone from my mind and heart. The Lord knew my wish though, and He sent our family a bonus baby named Qavah.