Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I cannot believe it's bedtime on Sunday night and I'm about to begin another work week in the morning. It has been a busy, but productive weekend! Friday, I had a harp lesson. I think it went well, although I do need to practice more. Whitney gave me a new song though, so that was exciting. Never mind that it has several repeating measures; it's a new song with a nice tune! I'm also learning music theory and sightseeing in addition to playing the harp, so it makes the hour long lesson I have every other week go by quickly.

Friday night, I babysat Qavah and then helped in the apartment once Mom and Dad got home. Saturday was basically deja vu of Friday night. This morning, I went with Paul Burton to church where Colin and Jennifer attend. I will write more about that in another post. I was going to do that tonight, but this post was getting to be too long and involved.

This afternoon, I slept for several hours. I needed the rest, as I've been going non-stop for a week. Tonight, our family worked on.. you guessed it... Paul Burton's apartment. We are making real progress! It's almost time for the finishing touches of decorating and accessorizing the room. That is the fun part!

Health wise, I am hoping it's an uneventful week. I do not have any doctor appointments planned until the beginning of November, however I should have a CBC done soon. My endocrinologist and hematologist prefer I have labs drawn every two to three weeks, but it's been four weeks since labs were drawn. I think that's a new record!

We received our first hard frost last night. Today, the sky was deep blue, crisp, and clear. Now, it really feels like Fall with the night-time temperature being downright cold. Mom made an apple crisp this weekend. My thoughts are turning toward Thanksgiving and cranberries...