Monday, October 27, 2008

Medical and Misc. Monday

Mom did an excellent job on her website of capturing the weekend, so I'm not going to write much about it tonight. However, I did make some new friendships. At Friday night's Gala dinner, I sat next to a young woman who works in the communications department at MBC, but she used to work in the alumnae office. Anyway, this new friend had a radiant countenance, was articulate, conservative, a Christian, and influential. Every conversation we had together led back to the Lord. God is using this young woman to further His Kingdom among the students and faculty of Mary Baldwin College. Please pray that my new friend, Jenna, will continue to let her light shine for Jesus.

Now that I am home, I'm so amazed that Mom and I were able to take such a trip this weekend. It's been seven weeks since my last Remicade treatment! Currently, I'm able to eat and live my life with relatively low pain. I have the assurance from my GI doctor that I can get an appointment immediately if I should encounter trouble this week. Lord willing, though, I won't get my Remicade treatment until November seventh.

My break from doctor appointmetns is about to end, though. Next week, I have three already scheduled appointments and I should call my hematologist and endocrinologist for follow-up appointemnts and labs. I recently discovered that I can get free transportation to and from doctor appointments using a company that is specialized in providing medical-related services to disabled or elderly Virginians. I actually learned of this company from a co-worker. I'm going to try this service next week to see if it's reliable. For some of the appointments, I have this company taking me from work to the appointment and then driving me from the appointment to home.

On a fun note, thank you for sending the postcards! I really appreciate it. I'm about to remove another state from my list. Yeah! Oh, and Sarah Palin came to Salem tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her but I plan to catch her speech online. I'm sure somebody will post it sometime soon.