Friday, October 31, 2008

Eventful Days

I've had an eventful end of the week. Wednesday night I had difficulty falling asleep. The HPS symptoms, including awful abdomen pain and bowel bleeding, started. As a result, my electrolytes became imbalanced. I knew that a Remicade treatment would settle my cells back down.

So, Thursday morning I called my workplace and asked to take a "sick" day. Then, I called the infusion center at Lewis Gale and asked for the earliest possible appointment. After pulling my chart, the nurse said, "Oh! It states right here from your GI doctor that you were trying to stretch the Remicade treatment but if you had trouble, I was to get you in immediately." By early afternoon, I had begun the Remicade infusion and was feeling relief already. Praise the Lord for a team of doctors and nurses that put the patient's needs first and work together as a team!

Today, I went to work to make up for yesterday. I had a lot to accomplish that I knew couldn't wait until Monday. Although I was tired, I still had strength and felt relatively good all day. Tonight, I was going to have a quiet night reading and playing my harp. Instead, I spent the evening troubleshooting my computer and installing my programs. We had a power outage a day ago that upset my computer, so I think it decided to rebel. Not fun, but I was thankful that I didn't lose all of my data. I now have a battery backup connected to the computer.

Tomorrow, I have a list of tasks to complete and a harp lesson to attend. Saturday also begins National Blog Post Month. The idea is to post every single day for an entire month. That's a lot of thinking and writing! My friend, Sandy, is doing this which is no surprise because she's such a great writer. I always enjoy reading her website. However, she asked me to join her, so we'll see how it goes. *grins* Happy Blogging Everyone!