Saturday, November 1, 2008

Random Ponderings From My Brain

Today was a calm but especially happy day. Perhaps it was the sunny, seventy-degree weather. Perhaps it was because I had a harp lesson. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I just felt the very near presence of the Lord today. I had His strength, joy, and peace in my heart.

November is finally here. Even though I had a good October (considering what's happened the last few years), I don't like that month. I even have trouble remembering how to spell October when I write checks or dates on paperwork. November is filled with important and some celebratory events. Tomorrow is Daylight Savings Day, so be sure to change your clocks when you go to bed tonight. Election Day is Tuesday, November fourth. Then, on November sixth our family will celebrate Dad's Birthday. November eleventh is Veteran's Day, so I get a paid holiday. Annelise will turn two on November twenty-fifth. And finally, don't forget to wish friends a Happy Thanksgiving Day on November twenty-seventh.

Words can be very strange at times. I had to write the word queue yesterday at work. Not c-u-e, but q-u-e-u-e. Very odd. And then take the word q-u-i-c-h-e. No wonder I have difficulty spelling words! I never did win at the spelling bees in school. Actually, I did not even get close to winning. I always felt bad for my other team members, because my brain "smarts" didn't help when it came to the language arts class. I've tried to understand the English language, but I still have difficulty with sentence structure and grammar. There are just some things in life that you have to accept without trying to understand the "why" behind the logic.