Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Night: Antibiotic Treatments

Quick update tonight as it is now bedtime. I took the IV Rocephin yesterday and today. Due to the Rocephin infusion and weekly chemotherapy, I have not felt well all day. I've had on and off chills, headache, strained vision, and just generally feeling rather "yuck". The antibiotic is working, although the infection is still present. Thus, I will be taking the IV Rocephin again in the morning. Based on how I'm doing tomorrow, the doctor will determine whether I need to continue the IV Rocephin for Thursday and Friday.

Please pray the Hickman site totally heals and my lymph glands become less swollen. I would really prefer not to take the Rocephin past Thursday, although I know the necessity of using the antibiotic at this point. Today, I used the IV from yesterday. Then, the nurse completely removed the IV tubes this morning, so my arm could have a break. I get a new IV tomorrow and if I take the Rocephin on Thursday, that means the IV will stay in my arm overnight. If I don't update tomorrow, you'll now know why.