Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday's Musings

Just a quick update to say that things are going well here. The phrase "No news is good news" is true in the Campbell household for today. It's been a very busy weekend and Monday, so that is why I have not updated.

Yesterday, I was able to attend Church and then go out to eat with some college-age friends. Last night, I babysat Qavah while Dad, Mom, and Helen attended Bible study. Today, we ran errands and I had an appointment in the afternoon. This morning, though, Mom and I did our Beth Moore Bible study homework with Helen. Then we prayed together before tackling our "to do" list. Mom and I plan to do Bible study with Helen every day this week, so on Friday, we can watch the video session Beth Moore does to close out the week's homework. The time we spent together digging into God's Word was filled with joy and gave us power to continue with our busy day. It was truly one of the highlights of today! Other highlights include eating at a Chinese restaurant and ending the day by watching a new movie.

Mom, Helen, and Qavah did some shopping while I was at my appointment this afternoon. When Mom picked me up, there was a new water bottle on my seat. I've been scouring Roanoke for a new water bottle to replace my existing one that is old, smelly, and plastic. Mom bought a wonderful one at the Family Christian Store. It has a handle, is stainless steal, is blue, and says, "My hope is in You" on one side of the bottle. On the other side of the bottle is the verse from Isaiah 40:31, "But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint". My prayer is that, by waiting upon the Lord this week, you will have renewed strength to run without weariness past Life's adversities to the joyful blessings and eternal truths God has in store for you.