Friday, July 25, 2008

Sisters' Get Together

Last summer, my friend Fairlight said to me, "When Qavah arrives, I want our sisters to have a play-time together". I thought that was a brilliant idea. Fairlight's sister, Mercy Rose, is almost exactly a year older than Qavah, but she was also adopted into a Christian home.

Over the past twelve months, Fairlight and I have chosen a date for our Sisters' Night Out seven different times, but we had to always postpone it due to my health. Last night, we finally had our long awaited visit! Mom and Dad spent the evening having dinner out and shopping together, while Fairlight and I enjoyed watching our sisters interact with each other.

Qavah, Mercy Rose, and Fairlight. The girls spent an hour playing on the swing set:









All of that swinging made the girls hungry! So, they had a picnic together on the top porch. Their baskets were filled with two peanut butter sandwiches, chocolate milk, raisins, a tangerine, animal cookies, bubbles, and a seashell. Fairlight and I took turns reading stories to our sisters while they ate their dinners:







The story Fairlight read to the girls was about a sister and brother bunny who got an invitation in the mail to attend a picnic in their backyard. So for the girls' craft time, we helped Qavah and Mercy Rose write a letter:





Both Qavah and Mercy Rose were very well behaved as they played together:




Before heading home, the girls enjoyed one last surprise. Everyone piled onto my bed to watch two Bible videos that Qavah had gotten for her Birthday. Then, Qavah said her good-byes:





Fairlight and I are good friends, so we feel extra joyful that the Lord "expanded" our friendship to include our two younger sisters as well. It just was such a treat for me to feel well enough to have company again. I've been grinning huge smiles today every time I remember last night. And Qavah has mentioned Mercy Rose several times, too. There were so many happy memories made. I look forward to more Sisters' Nights Out with Fairlight, Mercy Rose, and Qavah: