Friday, March 14, 2008

Grand Rounds

Thank you for your recent prayers. I was able to speak at Grand Rounds with one of my doctors, Dr. Del Short, even though I didn't have much sleep the night before. We spoke from 12:00-1:00pm to a group of psychologists, psychiatrists, and residents. As with the other Grand Rounds, Dr. Short and I discussed my HPS diagnosis, common mistakes made in the medical field, and doctor-patient communication. Mom was also able to talk from her perspective as a parent and caregiver.

This particular group was alert and asked good questions! As I shared my testimony, I was amazed once again at how faithful the Lord has been in directing my family through this journey. It was heart wrenching to relive some of the mistakes and serious moments of the past two years, but then it was a joy to "brag" on my current team of doctors. Below are two pictures.

The Grand Round's group: Since it was lunch hour, food was brought in for the attendees. It was "difficult" to speak to these people while they ate, especially since I had taken extra Prednisone the night before! Fortunately, they saved some food for me to enjoy once Grand Rounds was over.

Dr. Del Short and me: Dr. Short and I are already planning on my return for future Grand Rounds.