Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Health Update

It's been a long week health-wise. First, was the ear canal bleeding. Then, more bleeding on various parts of my body. To tell you the truth, it was quite frightening to me because, up until now, I haven't had too much trouble with the bleeding issues of HPS; I've dealt more with the GI tract than anything. I started taking Stimate last Friday. It helped, but the third dose I took Sunday morning threw my body off balance. Last night, I did not sleep at all (that makes three nights in the last week). Mom read the Stimate side effects' pamphlet this morning and it stated that extremely low blood pressure and abdominal cramping can occur for people with electrolyte imbalance issues. Go figure!

Tonight, I seem to be somewhat on the upswing of things, although I did have pain after eating dinner. Actually, I could only eat a few bites, which was disappointing because, Mom had made some delicious fish and noodles. I felt bad I couldn't eat it after all the trouble she went through to make it. I'm hoping and praying I feel better tomorrow (Thursday), because it's time for Grand Rounds again. This session, I'll be talking to a team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and residents going into those respective fields. Grand Rounds begins at noon. I've been looking forward to this event for months. So, please pray I can attend and that the Lord will give me the words to say. I want glorify Him in what I share.

Qavah went with Mom and me to my PCP appointment this morning. Guess what?? The nurse gave her two stickers! And Qavah wasn't even the one that got labs done or poked and prodded! I told Mom, half jokingly and half seriously, "They sure make visiting the doctor for pediatric patients more fun than for adults. I wish I was under 18 years of age again!" Monday when I visited the hematologist, Qavah was adored by the nurses and got extra candy. Aaah, the joys of being the youngest! :-)