Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Busy Tuesday

I slept in this morning, but have been moving ever since. It is now 10:00 PM and I'm exhausted. I had a productive day, though.

After sending another draft of my thesis to my instructor, I talked with her at length this morning. She clarified her expectations and answered my questions. She requested an additional chapter, which I wrote this afternoon after my doctor's appointment. Mom and Dad checked the thesis this evening, so I've already emailed it to my instructor. Hopefully, I'm almost complete with the writing process! To my surprise, my instructor said she allows Adult Degree Program (ADP) students to do their oral presentation over the phone. I'm so relieved, because I was not looking forward to traveling to the Staunton campus for that one requirement. Mary Baldwin College is beautiful, but my health is unpredictable when traveling.

In other news, my GI appointment went well and was rather routine. My doctor and his wife have been home from Russia for two weeks with their newly adopted children. Their family is doing well, the oldest children are already in school with tutors, and the toddler is home with her new mommy. The parents are exhausted! Isn't that how it usually is?

While we did discuss my health and optional treatments should something go awry, it was pleasant to talk of non-medical things. Sometimes when I have a good appointment, I realize just how much of my life and energy is spent on HPS-related matters. Even when my body is functionally as normally as possible, I still have a plethora of medicines to digest and issues to monitor. Sometimes, I want to put my hands over my ears and shout, "Enough already!"

Last Friday, I got more mail than anyone else in our household. That was a rare treat! I got two bills, which of course wasn't fun. I also go a postcard from Wyoming. I'm slowly adding to my United States' scrapbook. I'm trying to gather a coin and postcard from each state. The other piece of mail I received was a letter from my grandparents. They even included two updated pictures of my harp! I'm posting the pictures below. The harp color resembles "honey". I think my grandparents may bring the harp this Friday, so Paul Burton can put the strings on it.