Friday, February 1, 2008

Fabulous Friday

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I'll try to post more tomorrow. It has been a wonderful day. I installed my new mouse this afternoon and it's making using the computer much easier. I took a break from schoolwork today to rest and babysit Qavah. I needed the break, but I'm hoping I have enough strength to do more college reading tomorrow.

The antibiotic is working, however it has made me exhausted! I was given an antibiotic I take two times a day, but only for three days. I knew it must be some "powerful" medicine after looking at the prescription directions. Tomorrow is my last day, so I'm hoping I can regain my strength and stamina soon. Fortunately, the antibiotic seems to be working, as my symptoms have lessened this evening. In other medical news, I'm entering week three (of nine) of the Ativan taper and week five of post-Remicade treatment. This upcoming week is a "test" to see if my body can handle an extra week between Remicade treatments. If it works, my treatments will be switched from five weeks to six weeks apart. I'm hoping and praying it's an uneventful medical week!

Mom, Dad Qavah and I just finished watching a movie. It was wonderful to be together as a family. There were times in the hospital that I remember lying in bed dreaming about having another "family night". Now, we are beginning to make those memories again, but this time our joy has increased with the addition of Qavah. This afternoon, Mom and Dad had an appointment to attend, so I babysat Qavah. We had fun "cooking" together with play-dough. Our meatball soup and cookies turned out delicious, if I do say so myself! *giggles*

4 comments:

  1. *Note to self: play-dough not off Kathryn's diet...*

    *Giggles back*

    Love,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, you'd better not make Kathryn's cookies out of play-doh! Speaking of food you can eat, Kathryn, do you like tolerate coconut? We get a thickish white coconut milk in the ethnic row of grocery stores and it is delicious used in a lot of ways. I can imagine a delicious dessert of coconut milk and blueberries, but I don't know if you can eat either now. That's what I make my chicken and coconut gravy with - a dish I have yet to find the PICKIEST eater not like. Also, I worked on our trave scheds today and have reserved our rental cars for both Florida and Virginia. I'll be sending those scheds by regular email. We've resched. the dates of our Florida trip to make it longer, as we have some business to take care of there... which you can guess at! BIG Smile! I'm so glad your med for the infection is behaving well, so to speak. Do you still feel a strong pull as you decrease the Ativan? May the Lord sustain you! And I'm so glad your sticking to the books as you can. But we all need just some FUN days off, making family memories. Love much, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathryn!
    I'm glad that the antibiotic is working - hopefully it's done the job by now! We are also enjoying lots of play dough time at our home - one of my favorite things to do is read a story and then make the animals out of the play dough and 'reinact' the story or have the kids give me directions and we make the story different!

    I would love to have Aunt Lil's chicken and coconut gravey recipe - we have a couple little ones who are boycotting chicken - they only like ground beef right now! Is that normal??

    Love ya'll!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kathryn, Sry to hear about the antibiotic. I personally hate them!!! Hope tiredness is allyou have experienced, and that it soon knocks out the UTI. Serously, they are no fun!!! I will be praying that you can hold off the Remicade, and am truly thankful that you are being able to stretch the visits out. All this stuff is so hard on the veins!!! Anyway just wanted to drop in, and see if you were doing ok. I am however getting ready to checkyour mom's blog as it seems you haven't posted for a few days.
    Love always
    Karen Tillman

    ReplyDelete