Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Adventures

It has been a good weekend with only a few health challenges. I couldn't get going Friday morning, but by the afternoon, I was in the car with Paul Burton. We ran errands and had fun shopping together. I'm searching for the appropriate mp3 player, so Paul Burton helped me explore my options. I'm wanting to buy a player I can use on Remicade Day and I'm not necessarily looking for an iPod, although I haven't totally ruled that out. Saturday, Mom, Qavah and I ran more errands. Saturday night, I was able to do a bit of college work.

I had planned on attending church today, but it didn't happen. Even though I went to bed early and had a full night of sleep, I woke up this morning to adrenal insufficiency issues. It took one and a half hours before I felt better. By then, Dad and Paul Burton were at church. Mom stayed home with Qavah and me. However, the morning was not wasted! After Qavah's bath, we met back in my room. Qavah played on my bed, while Mom and I completed two days of Bible study homework. We are doing a six-week Beth Moore study titled Stepping Up. It is a study on the Psalms of Ascents (Psalms 120-134). Today's lessons were about the Peace of Jerusalem, the importance of serving (and being served by) a local church, and the "One enthroned above". I appreciate how this particular study shares the Jewish customs, then teaches how their traditions apply to Christians' lives today.

Tonight, our family attended a concert by a local church that puts on a Fine Arts series for the community. This concert featured the Marian Anderson String Quartet, composed of two violinists, one cellist, and one violist. These four ladies were all African American, wonderful musicians, and had enthusiastic personalities. On the way home, we picked up hamburgers to eat in the warmth of our own kitchen. It was a splendid way to end an enjoyable Sabbath. Below are a few pictures of the evening:








3 comments:

  1. Glad to here- I mean hear- that your bad start turned into a nice day. It's so much better than the other way around.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathryn, Its so good, so wonderfully GOOD! to hear (here!)that you were able to real a real hamburger and enjoy it without bad after-effects. Praise the Lord! And thanks so much for sharing all the pics! I'm so pleased I can share in a little bit of your life through the pictures. The ones of the family and players at the concert are great! Praying that today will be a good one, and that you will be able to get some more school work done. Love, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathryn,
    Am truly glad to see you back up on your feet. Just stoppin' to check in, and let you know that I am thinking of you.
    Love
    Karen Tillman

    ReplyDelete