Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday's Troubles and Revelations

There are some weeks that I rather not remember. This one being one of them. It has not been a good week health wise and I haven't gotten anywhere near what I wanted to accomplish with my schoolwork. Fortunately, the week is not over. And in the grand scheme of things, I know each day occurred just the way the Lord wanted it to for my benefit.

Below is a video of a Chris Rice song titled 8th Grade. The chorus, in particular, ran through my mind late this afternoon as I finally succumbed to God's plan for my day. Even though I was home-schooled during the 8th grade, I attended VSDB in 9th grade, so I can picture the scenarios Chris Rice portrays in this song. The chorus, though, is the heart of the song and what really relates to this post. So, here are the lyrics to the chorus:

Lyrics: (emphasis mine)
Why does the past always seem safer?
Maybe because at least we know we made it
And why do we worry about the future?
When every day will come just the way the Lord ordained it
You can believe it, yeah, just like the 8th grade.

Video:



Finally, here is a poem a friend sent to me today. It encouraged me, so I hope it does for you, too. I do not know who wrote it.

"God is in every tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding at sunrise,
Guidance and strength for the way;
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain."

5 comments:

  1. Kathryn, yesterday I wrote about my friend Martha, on the Journal...but last night after prayer meeting, before she knew that I had written about her, she said, "There are no comments on Katryns's personal site. I think people are't finding it. She is writing nearly every day." So she was looking out for you! And sure enough, I guess I expect a tip from the Journal if you have updated. I'm sorry you've loooked for comments in vain, especially with a bad "Hump day" yesterday. I've been thinking of a childhood memories to tell you, but its too late tonight. Just want you to know I'll be on the lookout for your notes on the new blog. And I'm always praying for you. Love, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I just want to introduce myself. Your Aunt Lil has been my missionary "Auntie Lillian" since I was a kid in Africa many years ago. She introduced me to your blog months ago, and I am a regular reader - one of many invisible readers who have been encouraged and challenged and blessed by it. Thank you for sharing from your heart. Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Lil and Martha,

    Thank you both for reading and commenting! Thank you Martha for praying for our family for "months," as you state. Please do not hesitate to email or comment a prayer request, as it would bless my greatly to be able to pray for you, too. May you continue to feel the Lord's presence and assurance of your prayers.

    I would love to hear your Africa stories, sometime! I'm sure you have many testimonies of God's faithfulness. One of my favorite subjects is History, so hearing "living history" is just as pleasing as reading non-fiction biographies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn, I don't have time to write a story tonight...but I have another one about elephants when Martha was with me. Appreciated so much your answer to both of us. I'm having company for dinner tonight! A lab gal that was my housemate in Rwanda a couple years before I came home, Elaine, and a missionary doctor and his wife, Frank and Carol Ogden, who have been long-term friends - in fact I got involved in the courtship when Frank was a widower anxious to entice pretty Carol, a preacher! Anyway, they are heading back to Africa in the morning and are overnighting with us. We OFTEN have missionaries overnight with us on the way back to Africa! They are all retired but are going back for three months to help in our hospital in Burundi, where Dr. Frank was the only Doctor for years. Now we have a university there - "Hope Africa University", and they have started a medical school which is named for Dr. Frank. An honor he richly deserves. They are all at a ball-game now! Football, I suppose! taking it in before they take off, so dinner will be a little later. Was going to tell you the menu, but I'm afraid you're not able to eat much, so I won't tantalize. I hope, I PRAY that next week will be MUCH BETTER and that you will get more done than you expected to.

    Much love, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kathryn,
    I hope my note today finds you feeling better. Don't worry about not getting what you want to accomplish done, it will be there for another day. I used to feel that way to, but as you grow, (and it seems that you have) you realize God's hand is on all of us. He does know best!!! AMEN!!
    Love always
    Karen Tillman

    ReplyDelete