Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Research Madness

I just got back from the Law Library in downtown Roanoke. It was very inspiring! At the library, there are shelves upon shelves filled with books containing cases related to our locality, State, and Nation. The librarian was very helpful, so I got all of the information I needed in a timely manner. However, I never realized until today how quickly "ten cents per copy" (per sheet) can add up! I want to thank Donna for driving me. We were able to catch-up, so the trip was both productive and fun.

You can tell there is some serious studying going on in my bedroom by looking at the stash of "snacks" on my desk: goldfish crackers, mike and ikes, starbursts, conversation hearts, and rice chex cereal. I used to have a box of Dots, too, but I got tired of them. Mom jokingly said to me yesterday, "When Dr. V told you to graze on food all day long, I don't think he meant eating Dots!" The snacks are actually lasting a long time. I'm also brushing my teeth often.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the hamburger didn't go over so great. But, sometimes you can eat things at one time that at another time you can't handle. Good luck with all the studying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That library trip sounded too much like work! I love libraries for fun! As to the other stuff, I suspect that some cookies are gonna be sneaking up on your snack tray in the not-too-distant future...

    Love,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Kathryn! So GLAD you FINALLY got to a library for some of your research materials for your paper!
    As for me, I spent nearly all day with my pastor's wife, but not for fun. I waited through her oral surgery (graft) and took her home and stayed with her until she was pretty well through the messy stage of stuff, and left her with her tall son to do ice packs and pain pills! I felt like a nurse again. Heather will be coming tonight for another Bible Study lesson, which is always exciting. :-) Hope you get lots done on your paper! Love, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kathryn!
    We too ventured out to the library this week! Josh and I had both put in some "extra" hours last week so this morning we decided it would be a "book day". We loaded up the kids and took off for the Main Roanoke Library - off of Jefferson. The kids section is so fun - with little blue and red chairs for the kids! We stayed there all morning! It's such a wonderful free way to create memories with the little people! We got all kinds of books - books on creating with amazing pictures, books on guitars, folk talks and some other silly stuff! It's amazing how a book can open a new world! Speaking of - on one of your slide shows - there is a picture of Colin with a Narnia pop up book. Noah was interested in what book he was looking at - so I promised next time we were at B&N, we would find the book. Well - he remembered and we DID find the book...it opened up a fun conversation on Aslan and who he represented... :)

    We love ya'll and I'm glad that you are getting some serious work done right now! :)
    Jes

    ReplyDelete