Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday Night

Good evening! I have so much to write about, but it is late and I want to get a good night's sleep. I'm praying I can go to Church tomorrow morning. Actually, I also need to fix the magnification settings and my computer mouse before I make a long post.

I only wanted to write to let you know I am doing well. The Lord is amazing! I believe He is strengthening me physically, so I can finish school and accomplish some of the other tasks He wants me to do for His kingdom. This "new" physical healing is making me dream about my life for the first time in seventeen months.

I was really inspired by Grand Rounds on Friday and I pray I have other opportunities to talk with or help doctors and/or residents like that again. Mostly, I don't want future patients of rare diseases to have to experience the same doctor-patient communication battles I went through since being diagnosed with HPS. The doctor that invited me to speak also gave me a tour of the V.A. hospital in Salem. It is a really neat place with a lot of "living history," because many of the buildings were built in the 1940s and have only been mildly updated. There's even a "post office" and "barber shop" on site!

Today, I slept in for quite awhile. The Remicade treatments always make me exhausted. Then, this afternoon into evening, I had my friend Aleah over to visit. It was wonderful to see her again. We shopped at the scrapbooking store, while the rest of our time together was spent catching up on a semester's worth of happenings. Mom fixed us supper and a small "tea party". Delightful!

5 comments:

  1. *Does first-comment dance*

    Hi, Kathryn!

    I hope you were able to spend the day as you'd hoped, and that your health was holding up.

    To answer your e-mail, I think the new text background color on the main site makes for easier reading. It's less so on "Kathryn's Keepsakes," but not bad; and I admit that the pink-on-black is pretty.

    I look forward to making and sending those belated Christmas cookies. Actually, it's a trick to get rid of the plastic margerine tubs that keep piling up...

    Love,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathryn,
    I am glad that things went well for you in Salem. I know from experience how exhilerating telling one's story can be. When it is all over,the hope and prayer is that the docs will take the knowledge with them wherever they go, and maybe just maybe make them a little more humble.
    Hope your new year continues to be a healthy one.
    Love
    Karen Tillman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn,
    How do I subscribe to your blog? Have a great day.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy! You have done a wonderful job creating your blog! I love the name as well! Thank you for giving me another place to check out each day! :) Hope you are continuing to feeling better. Love you! ~Effie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize Kathryn - - - I used Katy in the above comment! Opps! You will have to forgive me while I adjust - I guess I'm a bit slow! *grin*

    ReplyDelete