Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tuesday Night

It’s been a busy, but wonderful day! Mom babysat Annelise at Colin’s house until 3:00pm, so I was home alone for a good part of the day.
Aunt Julie stopped by for a short visit on her way home from Bible study. It was so good to see her! I enjoyed having her as a “bed buddy” in the hospital, but I think it’s safe to say we both prefer seeing each other outside of Roanoke Memorial! I also had a half hour piano lesson. That was really fun, because I’m beginning to read notes. My lessons are always very relaxed, but at the same time, I am learning. More importantly, I’m enjoying the process.

The later part of this afternoon and tonight was spent working on my Jamaica album. I actually finished all of the scrapbooking! Now, I need to go back and journal the pages. I can’t believe it took me a year to complete just one album, but I’ve had so much fun doing it. The colors are bright and cheerful. I think I was really able to capture the essence of my two mission trips. The entire time I scrapbooked, I felt the joy of the Lord. Someday, I look forward to seeing the Christian Jamaicans in Heaven.

Speaking of “someday,” Mom and I finished another week of Bible study tonight. I shouldn’t be amazed at what I’m learning in Daniel, because God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. However, what is stated in chapters 7 (especially) and 8, as Beth Moore said, “were prophecy to Daniel but history to us”. The four world empires I studied in Western Civilization at Virginia Western several years ago were prophesied in Daniel 7 and the empires existed just as the Lord said they would. What gets me really excited is how precise God is…it makes me look forward to, with renewed fervor, the time when Christ will reappear. I alluded to Ephesians 6 and the Armor of God on the Medical Updates’ section and I included verse 17 there. However, I want to include the entire section below.

The Armor of God

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” -Ephesians 6:10-17.

Comments:
  1. Aunt Lil Says:

    Wow, Katy, I missed this one! and a great one, too. I try remember to “pray on” the armor every morning. I believe it gives me both protection from the enemy and power to make effective the “Sword of the Spirit” whenever I find an opportunity to use it. Keep up the Walk! Love, Aunt Lil

  2. Laura Griffith Says:

    Would love to see your scrapbooks :) I’m seeing all kinds of bright colors. At least you have one finished, I’ve been working on Lorien’s “baby book” and have only gotten to her first few months of life. I’m so slow at it. Maybe I can get some inspiration from yours. Qavah will be blessed to have you as a sister :)