Saturday, August 18, 2007

Misc. and Website Housekeeping

It has been two weeks and two days since I began Imuran. The difference in my body is amazing! The transformation from before Imuran to how I feel now is even surprising me. I’m so thankful. I began the drug August 1, almost to-the-day I entered the hospital the second time last year (after the appendectomy). I remember on one of my first posts on this website, I asked if I would ever be able to really “live life,” again instead of merely observing it. These past two weeks are evidence that I am able to enjoy life again. Life will be forever changed and different (my daily medications’ box is testimony of that), but it is still pleasant and filled with surprises, joys, and God’s goodness.

Here are several random “newsworthy” musings:

1. Yesterday, I finished Constitutional Law I! As I told a friend last night, to most people this would just seem like finishing another course. But to me, completely C.L. is significant, because I began this course last summer, several months before the initial hospital stay and HPS diagnosis. As my friend said, “What an end to a book-filled [meaning eventful] year.” I want to thank my instructor- who is a reader of this website- for her patience and support over this past year. She was pleased with my final assignment and I received an A for the course. To God be the glory!

2. Sandy asked me to post my academic plans for Fall. Knowing that they can change at any time, I am planning to finish my final two Mary Baldwin College courses, so I can graduate in December. These course are Media Law & Ethics and Senior Thesis. I have to write a 30+ page senior thesis with the topic yet to be determined. I’ll keep you posted.

3. I realized that several previous posts where pictures had been posted no longer existed. One example is the post from August 21, 2006 titled “CELEBRATE” under Medical Updates. On this post, I described Granddaddy’s Birthday party. Well, I have now posted pictures here, on the Photos-menu of Katy’s Musings.

4. I have updated the Literati page of Katy’s Musings with a website recommendation and book review.

Comments:
  1. Sandy Says:

    Praise God for these good days and quite a turn around from when I first started to know you last year! You’ve come a long way. I look forward to hearing about your classes! Writing a thesis can be a crazy journey all by itself, so just enjoy the ride. :)

  2. Mike Theesfield Says:

    Hi, Katy!
    I well remember the comments in which you wondered if you would really live life again; they’re what inspired me to start posting here.

    An A for a conservative in Constitutional Law? Your college must be a conservaticve one! It seems to me that the all-too-typical liberal colleges teach that the Constitution means just about everything except for what it says!

    Liberal College: The 2nd Amendment actually provides for the existance of the National Guard, rather than individual rights.

    Me (with tongue lodged firmly in cheek): Well, of course! I should have realized that the word “people” in the 2nd Amendment is synonymous with “National Guard”! How wise our Founding Fathers were to ensure our individual rights by giving the government the right to arm a National Guard…

    Liberal College: The 1st Amendment stipulates the separation of Church and State.

    Me (T-in-C): Yes! The words “separation of Church and State” are right there in the 1st Amendment, right where it says- uh- well, anyway, I always knew that those evil Ten Commandment plaques in the courthouses and those nasty school prayers happened because of laws made by Congress!…

    Liberal College: Federal social programs are Constitutional and necessary.

    Me (T-in-C): Well, OBVIOUSLY the 10th Amendment stipulation that “those powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people” was intended by the Founding Fathers to apply only when there was public consensus on a Tuesday night with everyone hopping up and down on one leg while whistling the theme to “Green Acres” with the windshield wipers running, unless vetoed by Nancy Pelosi…

    I could go on, but I’m sure many people (National Guardsmen, of course!) would tell me that this is quite enough!

    Hugs and donuts, hon!

    Cousin Mike

  3. Aunt Lil Says:

    Katy, Congratulations “mille fois” - a thousand times! for the course completion and the A. That is a most remarkable achievement - an honor not only for you, but for the Lord, not to mention your proud family!

    You know, I just went back and listened to that wonderful children’s choir at the end of the April 8th entry here - it is SO inspiring, I would like to try to find that video and buy it. Anyway, I tried to enlarge the screen with the children singing, and I ended up with a second screen and the same choir singing on top of the first one, and it was glorious! Like a round! Hearing one part sung in background and another in foreground. You should try it! Do you have any idea how to get a copy of that?

    Love, Aunt Lil

  4. Aleah Yunger Says:

    Congratulations!! I know that amazing feeling of finishing up a semester, but for a class that has taken you so long to make it through — I’m sure the blessing is tenfold what it would normally have been!