Monday, August 27, 2007

Anticipation

Last night, we began our new semester of small group. It was a blessing to meet again. Dad did a wonderful and meaningful job with the Bible study, based on Acts 9 with Ananias’ obedience and Saul’s conversion. The title of the study was, “What is required to follow Christ?” I always love Dad’s teaching; God has certainly given him a gift. The meal, prepared by Mom and some of the other members, was delicious as well.

Do you ever wait and anticipate for something so long that when it actually happens, you almost don’t know what to think or say? That is what it happening with my parents’ traveling to get Qavah this week. I’ve dreamed of this week for months. I’ve prayed about the details ever since we began this adoption. Now, the time is here and I don’t know what to write! Everything feels almost surreal…like I’m in a movie that’s playing in slow motion. I’m just thankful we don’t have to wait any longer. I know the transition won’t be easy, especially for Qavah, but I also know this is God’s plan. I have confidence He is going to work everything out, continue to grow our faith, and amaze us all with the process!

Requirements to Following Christ (Bible Study Outline):

1. Totally depend on the Lord

2. Wait on the Lord’s timing

3. Communication

God calls us for a very specific purpose and work. We need to be in constant communication with Him. In addition, we should see if the Lord has has reconfirmed the commandment. Finally, the commandments or plans the Lord gives us to do will always be consistent with His character and Biblical teachings.

4. Recognize God’s authority over your life

5. Obey (In the end, Ananias obeyed whole-heartily.)

Comments:
  1. Sandy Says:

    I have definitely waited in anticipation for big events and then hardly know what to say when when they happen! This is such an awesome week for your family! God’s peace to all of you.

  2. Julie Says:

    Katy, you all will be making adjustments and that is totally normal. But Qavah, just wait and see how she will adjust. Kids are so resilient and adaptable. And, she is at a very good age to make an excellent adjustment. I wish all the best for you and your family and look forward to hearing the many many stories you will share with us.

  3. Aunt Lil Says:

    I missed this until today, Katy! Great Bible Study for me… wait for God’s timing! Yes, that’s what I’m doing. Love you much, Aunt Lil

  4. Carrie Thompson Says:

    Hi Katy,
    I missed this until today, too! Great outline of the Bible Study. Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to seeing ya’ll in Church tomorrow, Lord willing.
    Love,
    ~Carrie