Friday, February 16, 2007

Shopping

I woke up in cheerful mood, because I felt better physically than I had all week. I got up, did the morning routine of breakfast, vitamin swallowing, Spurgeon, praying, and showering. Once Mom returned from her morning walk, we left the house for our mother-daughter excursion.

We visited Big Lots, the Salvation Army, and Wal-Mart all before 5:00pm. Our mission was to get fabric, curtain rods, and shower rings for my bedroom. My bedroom is needing new curtains. I say “need” because I’m tired of buying $12.00 shades that rip the first time I use them. We found the perfect curtain rods at Big Lots, but Wal-Mart was out of the fabric. I’ll just have to save the fabric shopping for another day.

The best part of today was being out with Mom. We talked and laughed together. It was like “old times”. Because I’m not able to get out much this Winter, the shopping days I experience now are extra special. Another blessing of today’s excursion was that I walked the entire time. We had the wheelchair in the back seat of the car, but I never needed it. I actually feel better tonight for having gotten some exercise. Today was another bonus day and I thank the Lord for it.

Comments:
  1. andrea russell Says:

    Hello KATY,
    I love reading your blog each and every day. Sometimes I click on it and there is still the “old” post…lol
    Anyways, praise God that you were out and about today. I am praying so hard for your healing that this is fantastic news. I hope your healing will continue like that :)
    But one thing I wonder about???????????Why didnt you guys come and say Hello to me at Wal-Mart?????
    Another thing, I like buying my fabric at Jo Anns in Towns Square. They have a much bigger selection of fabric and you can get some really good deals too. Just a thought!
    I am so happy for you and your mom that you guys could go out and shop and have a wonderful time together. Perhaps seeing you in church is in the near future
    May God continue to heal you
    Love you
    Andrea

  2. Tiffany Allen Says:

    Katy,

    I’m so glad that you were feeling so well today. Praise God!! It must have been so nice to get out and go shopping and have a mom and daughter day! I pray that you have many, many more days just like today. Continue to stay strong and fight the good fight.

    Love,
    Tiffany

  3. Jennifer S. :-) Says:

    Katy, I’m glad you got out. I know it must have felt wonderful. As incredible as home is, it can give you a cooped up feeling if you’re at home every minute of every day. I hope that you find the fabric you’re looking for. :-)
    Love and prayers,
    Jen :-)

  4. Sandy Says:

    Hooray for good days! I’m so glad you were able to get out and do things you enjoy. May God’s peace cover you this weekend and beyond.