Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentine Tea

A couple of weeks ago I received an invitation from my friend, Effie, to a Valentine Tea at her home. The invitation was beautifully hand-made with stamped detailing. I quickly replied “yes,” all the while praying I would be well enough to go.

Well, I have just returned home from attending the Valentine Tea and it was more wonderful than I ever imagined. I once heard someone say, “Love is in the details”. Today’s tea certainly incorporated a lot of love! Effie had cards for us to make, boxed chocolate, and a party favor to take home with us.

The dining room was set to look like a tea party for the queen. Below are pictures that capture one of the best days I’ve had in a long time. Thank you, Effie, for being such a gracious and thoughtful hostess.

valentine-tea-019.jpg

valentine-tea-017.jpg

valentine-tea-018.jpg

valentine-tea-015.jpg

valentine-tea-022.jpg

Comments:
  1. Aunt Lil Says:

    No pictures on the site that I can find, Katy! Maybe you can try again… I’d love to see them! Love, Aunt Lil

  2. Trisha Ferris Says:

    Katy, what a special memory for you. I’m very thankful you were well enough to go to such a special party. It was a special gift from a loving God.
    Trisha

  3. Jennifer S. :-) Says:

    Katy,
    I’m so glad you got to go!! What a sweet time of fellowship. I’m sure it was refreshing as well as fun!!
    Love and prayers,
    Jen :-)

  4. Heather Kirkwood Says:

    Hey Katy!
    I’m so pleased to hear that you’re feeling better and that you got to get out for a bit this week and have some “normal life” time. Grin!

  5. Sandy Says:

    How totally cool! It looks like a wonderful — a delicious — time! I’m glad you were able to go.

  6. Karen Tillman Says:

    Hey Katy,

    I am so glad that things are a bit more normal, and I saw that you had even a little more energy today. Keep up the good work, and we’ll keep praying.
    Love
    Karen Tillman

  7. Martha Harrison Says:

    Dear Katy,

    I love your Musings and your Mom’s, too. You and your mom both write so well, such a blessing for all who read. This pleases our Lord and Savior, Jesus, too!!

    The Valentine Party must have been fun. What a nice idea. I love the pictures of your friends, and the picture of all the goodies made my mouth water! Thank you for sharing them.

    Your shopping trip with your mom sounded like a special Mother-Daughter outing. I’m glad you felt like going and enjoyed the day. Keep up the good work!

    Our Bible study didn’t meet last Fri. because Howard and I attended the funeral of the husband of one of my first cousins. I have been a little under the weather with a bad cold, too, but we will be together again this coming Fri. I can’t wait to tell the ladies that our prayers are working. God made it possible for us to meet at Food Lion the very next day after we put your name on our prayer list! He is so good!!

    Praying for more and more good days for you Katy as you travel the Road to Recovery!

    Love,
    Martha