Sunday, October 11, 2009

Numbering Our Days

Like Mom said, our family has been busy with house projects and babysitting little ones. I've enjoyed the action-packed days so much! The cobwebs of my mind are dusted out with each closet we clean and organize. Last week, I sorted through my Summer and Fall clothes. Mom did the same with Qavah's and together we have a big garbage bag full of clothes to drop off at Goodwill. Tonight, we went through our old VHS tapes and condensed our collection into a simple pile that would fit onto one small shelf of a rolling television cart. I did had fun remembering my childhood as I looked through the tapes. I ended up keeping the VHS of Lawrence Welk shows in hopes that Qavah would enjoy the singing and fancy dresses as much as I did at her age.

Last night, I had an allergic reaction to some food I ate for dinner and thus took some Benadryl. I think the drug was still in my system this morning, because I was rather groggy and achy when I woke up. My body had "run out of steam," so I stayed home from church. Instead, I listened to a few hymns on my mp3 player and then fell back into a deep, healing sleep until the rest of my family returned home. I felt better as the day unfolded. And except for some minor pain, my body is remarkably healthy tonight for being the night before Remicade Day. The Lord is gracious in providing me with so many bonus days that are filled with "holy moments."

Lord, may those who are reading this blog have a week filled with seven bonus days and many holy moments. We recommit our days to Your sovereignty. Thank you for ordaining our lives within Your perfect will. In Jesus Name, Amen.