Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Change (Health Update)

It's amazing what a difference a day makes! Last night when I went to bed, I knew I needed to return to work but I was unsure if my body was ready for the responsibilities that would greet me. However, I woke up this morning feeling a lot better! The Lord gave me "unusual" strength to make it through the day with enough energy and very little pain.

Yesterday I called my PCP to explain that, even though the back of my head was more "firm," I was not feeling better through my forehead or behind my eyes. The doctor returned my call, stating that I probably had a sinus infection. He recommended using a saline nasal spray like 'Lil Noses instead of antibiotics. However, "Dr. Mom" had the idea to try a Neti bottle (similar to a Neti Pot). Sure enough, I was able to get a lot out of my nasal passages; it worked much better than any nasal spray I had tried before. So, if you have the "sniffles," a dry nose, or allergies, I recommend using a Neti Pot or Neti Bottle.

Despite the increased discomfort over the last few days, I continued to sense the presence of the Lord in our home. Neither Mom nor I felt panicked the night we lost sleep due to electrolyte issues. We knew God would direct our paths and reveal the health mysteries in His timing.

Think back to homes you visited where you stepped inside and felt welcomed. Maybe the air smelled clean and refreshing. Maybe there was a favorite meal being cooked in the kitchen. All you could do is step inside and say, "Aaah," with a deamenor of satisfaction and gratefulness. That is how I felt several times over the last few days as our family sought God for answers and relief. Despite the wars that raged in my physical body, my soul could rest.