Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Family Celebration

Last Sunday, we celebrated my upcoming birthday since Colin and Jennifer will be traveling on Friday. It was a beautiful, Sabbath day! We had a colorful salad with grilled chicken and potatoes. Yummy! My dessert was scrumptious, too. I ate blueberry cake with vanilla ice cream, blueberry syrup, and of course fresh blueberries! It was a perfect end-of-the-summer celebratory dessert. Below are a few pictures from the evening.

We lit this candle two more times after I made my wish so that Qavah and Annelise could have a turn blowing it out!


Since most of the adults and Qavah were drinking cups of coffee, Annelise wanted to have her own cup of coffee. So after getting "permission" from Annelise's mommy and daddy, some milk and a small amount of coffee was poured into a miniature teacup. The way Annelise stirred and drank out of her teacup, you wold have thought that she was an experienced, lifelong coffee drinker! It was so precious to watch her!



Nehemiah is now fourteen months old. He is beginning to walk when holding onto furniture or other objects.


I got to hold Eva for a little bit; she actually fell asleep in my arms. That was a birthday surprise from the Lord and a wonderful way to end a joyful evening!