Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Since Aunt Julie willingly drives me to appointments (when I can't find a ride) and will not accept any gasoline money, I decided to dedicate this post in honor of her Birthday, which is today. Aunt Julie has a quiet spirit, but she manages to light up the room with her presence. Aunt Julie has a heart of mercy that bestows compassion at just the right moment.

Aunt Julie, Uncle Dan, and their family used to live in Ohio when I was young. So, I have many fond memories of spending a week at their home. Aunt Julie always made me feel welcome. Once they moved to Virginia, I was able to enjoy Aunt Julie even more. In the past few years especially, Aunt Julie has been a valuable source of comfort and helpfulness. She has been a "bed buddy" when I've been very sick and my family needed a break.

One of my favorite things about Aunt Julie is her gentle, but steady faith in the Lord. Recently, she has begun mentoring other ladies. They are blessed to have her for a teacher. The name Julie means "Youthful". That describes my Aunt Julie perfectly!

Aunt Julie with her family:

Aunt Julie loves children and it shows. Qavah and Aunt Julie exchanging giggles - pure delight!

Aunt Julie's favorite verse is Isaiah 40:31, "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Happy Birthday!