Saturday, May 2, 2009

Five (Paragraphs) For Friday

All is well here health wise. Today was a busy and long day, so I am going to bed now. However, I thought that some people might check to make sure we were fine. Qavah is doing better, although the reason behind this week's troubles is still a mystery. The Clariton-D is helping, though.

I had a harp lesson for the first time in over a month. I think my last lesson was four or five weeks ago. I had to suspend lessons while my rib healed and I got back on my feet. The Lord really did heal my body quickly! I was back to work within two weeks of the "fracture". Someone asked me if the rib still hurt. For the most part, it really doesn't hurt anymore; just every once in awhile if I move my body into a weird position. I do, however, still have trouble picking up an object that has fallen onto the floor. I'm thankful for a sister who is always willing to help me out.

My grandparents came for a visit today, so grandmom could have her harp lesson, too. It had been awhile since we visited together, so it was pleasant to catch up again. They stayed for dinner and a little bit of music before returning home. In my lesson, I learned how to play one song backwards (The Chimes) and learned a few more measures of Jesus Loves Me.

I saw a movie last night that I highly recommend. It is titled Faith Like Potatoes. Colin saw the movie recently and told us about it. I'm so glad he did, too. Maybe I'll write more about the plot soon. Faith Like Potatoes is along the same lines as the thought-provoking Bella movie I blogged about a few months ago.

Now, it is technically May 2, so I really do have to turn off the light, so I can sleep. Mom and I are going to a mother-daughter brunch at a local church. Paul Burton and Colin are going hiking together. And I imagine Qavah will busy herself with playing near where-ever Dad is working. I think he wants to clean and organize the garage, which means that Qavah might find some new "toys" to enjoy. I look forward to tomorrow evening when we can all return home and share our different Saturday adventures with each other.