Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Already today, the pain from my cracked rib was less. I spent a quiet day in my room resting, reading, and using my computer. Mom has been administering the pain medication on a regular schedule, which helps my adrenal system. I am able to take less Prednisone when the pain is managed correctly. This morning, we called my endocrinologist so he would be aware of what happened. He wanted me to visit the emergency room for a blast of Hydrocortizone (at least 40mg of steroids taken intravenously all at once). However, we explained to him how my body does better when I take Prednisone little bits at a time throughout the day.

So for now, my endocrinologist and hematologist agreed to the current treatment plan. Of course, my parents will take me to the hospital if things get worse. Thankfully so, for at least right now, the healing process is going in a positive direction. I'm also very grateful tonight for my family who make up my wonderful "team" of nurses. Finally, thank you to those who are praying and encouraging me through little acts of kindnesses. It is keeping my spirits uplifted!

I have praised the Lord several times today that my rib was not completely broken. As Mom stated, I am able to breathe this time. There are still many blessings through this newest trial. "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." -Psalm 29:11