Monday, March 30, 2009

Waiting...

The sunshine has been out all day and I'm so thankful to see it. I've looked out of my bedroom window several times this afternoon and imagined many happy mama and daddy birds returning to Virginia to make new families. With the bright, clear blue sky and warmer temperatures, it certainly would have been a pleasant Spring day to fly.

I have informed my work that I will not be returning this week. I need to give my cracked rib ample time to settle before being "up and around". After reading some online articles and talking with a few friends who've had cracked or broken ribs, I've gotten a better idea of the healing process. Everyone recommends five to seven days of bed-rest. Then it takes anywhere from three to six weeks for a cracked rib to completely heal. I'm hoping to return to work next Monday. In the meantime, I'll do what work I can from home.

A friend sent me the quote I've included below. The writer appears to be "anonymous" but it encouraged me nonetheless. The text is actually in the form of a prayer from God:

"My child, when I call you to wait I have not abandoned [you]. When I do not answer “yes” or “no,” it does not mean I do not hear, nor that my hand is shortened. I shall reveal to you all things. You are not engaged in a guessing game against your Heavenly Father. I do not stand capriciously with a good gift hidden in one hand, asking you to guess and grapple. I know your frame, and I remember that you are dust. You do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with your weakness. I see your hands, stretched out in surrender, shaking. But I do not laugh at your weakness. I do not hold my plan out of your view. Oh my child, have I not promised to provide? Have I not promised to hold your hand and to guide you in righteousness? You ask for my will, and your soul grows weary in the waiting. Do not fear, my little one. I am near, and I know. I do not send you uncertainty to see if you can wander through it. I know that you cannot. You are fallen; I am on high; you are broken; I define what is whole; you are incomplete, and I am the One in whom all fullness dwells. My child, I hold your hand."