Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vivid Valentine

Even though I can't have chocolate anymore, this Valentine's weekend has been filled with many "sweets," mostly in the form of family memories. We've had a lot of little surprise events. Friday, Dad came home early, so he could work outside. Actually, the weather was pleasant enough that Qavah and I were able to use the swing set. Paul Burton and I spent the afternoon together running errands and going to my fun harp lesson. I enjoyed the brother-sister time we had together. Then, in the evening, we watched another Inspector Allen mystery.

Yesterday, we got out sets of rubber stamps, ink pads, and some card stock. From the few craft items Mom supplied, everyone was able to make Valentines for each other. It was neat to see the variety of cards that were created from just three stamp sets. Mom also made mini cupcakes with pink icing and heart-shaped sprinkles. Since she used a simple yellow cake mix, the cupcakes were not as sickening tasting as the ones you can find in the grocery store.

As a little Valentine gift, Qavah and I got a piece of jewelry. Mine is a beautiful strand of brown, silver, green, and black beads. The neat part is that the beads are magnetic, so I can make it into a bracelet or a necklace by just rearranging, and then touching, the beads together. I'll take a picture of it soon... along with my one perfectly delicate white rose.

Today, we were all able to attend church as a family. We even rode together in the same vehicle. Then, we came home to a delicious lunch. The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent quietly... well that was until Qavah had her bedtime surprise (see Mom's post for details)! It made for quite a joyful stir around our house.

Our family fun is not over yet! Lord willing, most of us will visit Granddaddy and Grandmom tomorrow. Dad and I have the day off, but Paul Burton still has to work at the hospital. I'm thankful for the pleasant days spent out of the hospital. I'm also praying for those who find themselves away from home due to illness or military duty. May the Lord's love be your strength, peace, hope and joy in the midst of the suffering.