Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday's Simple Statements

It's a quiet evening, for which I'm thankful. Ellie is all curled up snoring in the hallway. She has the right idea of what I should be doing soon. So, this will be another quick blog entry.

I did not have time in writing Thursday's post to mention the developments related to my work at BRILC. My weekly shift has increased by four hours. I have also changed which hours I am working to: Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 3:00pm, instead of 10:00 to 4:30pm. For the first time in my life, I have discovered that I like getting up early (as long as I can actually fall asleep at a decent hour)! I usually wake up around 6:00am... which is considered early for someone who has always been a night owl.

With the new work hours, I've been amazed at how much can be accomplished before noon. However, it's still an adjustment physically. So this weekend, I've taken it "easy". I'm tackling the less strenuous activities on my to-do list. It is an internal challenge to give myself "permission" to rest, but I know my body needs the break.