Monday, January 19, 2009

Medical Monday

First of all, it snowed this morning. We only got less than an inch and the sun is now out, so the snow is melting again. However, it was enough to give Qavah a happy surprise when she woke up. Since today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I get a "paid holiday". I'm not sure what's on the agenda for this afternoon, though. I think we need to visit Wal-Mart and Petsmart. I want to take a nap, pratice my harp, complete some Bible study homework, and work on my scrapbook.

I had such a peaceful and low-key weekend. I caught up on some much needed sleep. I also took a break from the computer, so that is why I have not posted in awhile. I do appreciate you checking in and leaving comments.

Saturday night, I attended a Bible study where we discussed Galatians five. Last night, Mom and I watched a six-part movie based on the book Middlemarch by George Eliot. The story line was interesting and held my attention with all of its twists and turns. I may think Life is complicated now, but the movie reminded me that every era has its level of complexity with social norms, ills, and the fight between good and evil.

The Dexa-scan on Friday went well. The front receptionist and technician were thoughtful and polite. Now, I just wait for the results. They said I should get a letter in the mail. My break from visiting doctors is over, though. Tomorrow, I meet with my GI doctor. It's been quite awhile since we've talked and he has a new nurse, so I'm expecting that it will be a busy appointment. Friday, I have my next Remicade treatment. I can't believe it has already been six weeks since the last infusion. So far, I only have very mild pre-Remicade symptoms, with the main ones being painful ear drums and over exhaustion. I'm praying for an easy health week.