Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday's "Farewell"

The Lord has been gracious in giving my family strength during the busy days of this work week. I'm thankful the weekend has come, but what wonderful memories we made this week with Helen here! It was a blessing to have her in our home. I was sorry I did not get to spend more time with Helen, but I know Qavah and Mom enjoyed her many stories and wisdom. And last night, a mutual friend, Cecelia, visited for awhile to catch up with Helen. However, Cecelia blessed all of us by playing the piano, singing hymns with Helen, and sharing answered prayer requests.

So far, I am doing okay physically despite postponing my Remicade treatment. Mom took Helen back to Staunton today, so I've been babysitting Qavah this afternoon. Thus, it worked out wonderfully that I did not need to be at Lewis-Gale Infusion Center today. I'm always amazed at how God ordains our days. Sometimes life's circumstances remind me to think, "I'm not in control of my life. God has it all planned out perfectly. So, I can and should just relax in His love and care". On that note, let the weekend that God ordained begin!