Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday's Family Fun

Today was a better day health wise. I did work from 9am to 3pm and I got a lot accomplished. Then, Mom picked me up so we could head over to Sams before returning home. The bright sunshine I saw this afternoon was deceiving, because the temperature outside was bitterly cold!

Tonight has been a quiet evening. I've been working on transferring photos to backup CDs and finishing laundry. Mom and Dad are enjoying a well deserved "date night" by visiting with friends at a local coffee shop. Qavah and Ellie are asleep in their respective beds. I'm going to join them soon.

I can tell we have a young child around, because when I unloaded the dishwasher tonight, I picked up five sippy cups in a row before reaching for an "adult" glass. Below is a "fun" convesation I had with Qavah last night. There are just some daily events that turn into sister memories rather than teachable moments:

Qavah: I'm cold. I want my jump rope.
Me: It's not a jump rope, it's called a bathrobe.
Qavah: Yeah, I want my bath-road
Me: It's not a bath-road, it's a bath roBe.
Qavah: That's what I said Sister Kathryn. I need my bath-road
Me: Bathrobe
Qavah: bathROAD
Me: I give up.

So instead of insisting on Qavah calling her "jump rope" a bathrobe, I put her "bath-road" on backwards, so she could have a tail. She danced around, pretending to be "Pinky The Cat." I should have gotten a picture, because Qavah was happy and looked rather cute.