Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eye Games

Yesterday, I reset my clock after the power was off for a few hours. Since I wake up at the same time most days of the week, my internal clock is programmed to wake up at a certain time. This morning, I was especially thankful the Lord made our bodies the way He did, because my alarm clock didn't go off. The power had gone off again sometime in the middle of the night and my alarm clock doesn't have a back up battery, so it was blinking twelve o'clock a.m. instead of eight o'clock a.m.

Once I got out of bed, I reset my clock, went out of the room for ten minutes total, and upon returning the clock was blinking again. I was very puzzled. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Apparently in the time that it took me to brush my teeth, the power had gone off again. That is when I decided to forget about my clock and not set it until I got home from work. I wouldn't be in my room all day anyway. I was getting tired of setting it only to have my work foiled due to the electricity and weather.

Tonight, I was in the kitchen talking to Mom when I briefly glanced at the ziploc bag on the counter. I took a handful of "almonds" and joyfully popped them into my mouth. I immediately started to sputter and gag. What I had put in my mouth was obviously NOT almonds! That is when I looked down at the counter, only this time with more attentiveness. There were two identical gallon-size, clear bags. One bag did contain almonds, but the other bag had DOG FOOD in it. I had popped a handful of dog food, not almonds, into my mouth! No wonder I gagged. Dogs may be "man's best friend," but their food certainly isn't!